Do you struggle to get a good night’s rest? A few diet changes can make all the difference…
Insomnia affects about a third of the UK population. It leaves you drained and unable to manage things, adding to higher stress levels.
• Swap sugary cereal for a wholegrain alternative topped with milk and a sliced banana.
• Choose protein foods that are rich in an amino acid called tryptophan. This helps boost the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin. Chicken and turkey, milk and dairy, nuts and seeds are all good choices.
• Combine these with rice, pasta or potatoes to help the body get the most benefits from tryptophan. Try a chicken and noodle stir-fry or similar. Drink warm milk with a cracker or oatcake before bed.
• Reduce your caffeine intake gradually. Try decaffeinated coffee or caffeine-free drinks like red bush tea.
• Build relaxation and exercise into the day to help manage stress.
• Avoid using a computer late in the evening as the light from the screen can have a stimulatory effect.
Good Earth has a vast range of natural and wholesome products which can help you change your lifestyle to a healthier one, reduce your stress levels and increase your energy. Check out our website www.goodearth.com.mt to browse through our whole portfolio.